Thursday, September 27, 2018

Profile: Abigail Johnston


This post is an installment of our profile series featuring participants, loved ones, advocates, and team members of the MBCproject. Thank you to all who have shared their voice and stories.

Today's profile features Abigail Johnston.


Q1. In your own words, can you share with us your reasons for joining the Metastatic Breast Cancer project (MBCproject)? 

It bothers me that those of us with metastatic breast cancer are not counted or included in traditional tallies. I believe it is important for this to be rectified and only if we work together can we fix that. I also very much appreciate the fact that the data is shared with everyone rather than staying or becoming proprietary. I prefer to assist when I know that my participation will help a variety of people.

Q2. Please tell us what being a part of the MBCproject means to you.

It means being part of something bigger than myself for the benefit of many.

Q3. If you'd like to share, please tell us how it felt when you were diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer.

I felt like I had been hit by a truck. Everything changed in an instant.


Q4. In a few words, can you please share with us your hopes for the future of metastatic breast cancer?

I hope that metastatic breast cancer will be eradicated. I don't want anyone else going through what I face every day.



No comments:

Post a Comment