Thursday, September 6, 2018

Profile: Theresa Meyer


This post is an installment of our profile series featuring participants, loved ones, advocates, and team members of the MBCproject. Thank you to all who have shared their voice and stories.

Today's profile features Theresa Meyer.

Q1. In your own words, can you share with us your reasons for joining the Metastatic Breast Cancer project (MBCproject)?

The reason I joined the MBC Project was to help researchers obtain as much available information about metastatic breast cancer that I could give them, since my MBC diagnosis, and then to spread this message to everyone else I know with the same diagnosis. If there is any possible way to prevent anyone from ever getting MBC, then I want to join and be a part of that MBC team!

Q2. Please tell us what being a part of the MBCproject means to you.

Being a part of this MBC Project means so much to me. Since my MBC diagnosis, I’ve had to quit volunteering as a nurse with the American Red Cross. I’ve had to quit so many other things and I began feeling so useless. By joining the MBCproject, I felt like I was doing something and that this may just help lots of people someday.

Q3. If you'd like to share, please tell us how it felt when you were diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer.

When I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer, I felt so hopeless, and scared. I was scared for my family even more. I felt like I was close to the end of my life.

Q4. In a few words, can you please share with us your hopes for the future of metastatic breast cancer?

My hopes for the future is that this MBC Project finds a cure so no other women and men have to hear the words, “you have MBC”. I also hope for better drugs with little or no side effects and a better quality of life.

LIVE, LAUGH, LOVE, each and every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment